October 30: Submissions for adult fiction (all genres except erotica), 9 AM to 5 PM EDT (100 max)
November 1: Submissions for adult fiction (all genres except erotica) , 9 AM to 5 PM EDT (100 max)
November 6: Submissions for YA/MG fiction (all genres), 9 AM to 5 PM EDT (150 max)
November 8: Submissions for YA/MG fiction (all genres), 9 AM to 5 PM EDT (150 max)
November 12: 25 winning entries in adult category notified via email
November 19: 35 winning entries in YA/MG category notified via email
November 30: 60 winning entries posted on blog
December 4: auction is LIVE at 11:00 AM EDT (agents will place bids)
December 5: auction closes
December 6: winners announced
- During the appropriate submission window, send your LOGLINE and the first 250 words of your COMPLETED AND POLISHED MANUSCRIPT.
- To submit, GO HERE and follow the directions. Be sure to check your word count and preview your entry before hitting "submit."
- YES, you may submit your entry if you were in any Secret Agent contests this year.
- NO, you MAY NOT submit if you were one of last year's 60 Baker's Dozen entrants...UNLESS it is a DIFFERENT MANUSCRIPT.
- NO, you MAY NOT submit more than one manuscript in the same category. You may, however, submit one entry in each category (1 adult and 1 MG/YA).
- All entrants must pay an $10 entry fee. You will be asked to pay before your entry is completed. You do not need a Paypal account to pay the fee (you should be given the option to use a credit card), though it's certainly easier when you do have an account.
- Please do not enter if you are already agented.
- Please notify me if you receive an offer of representation prior to the announcement of winners. Also, please understand that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- By entering this contest, you are giving implicit permission to have your work posted and publicly critiqued.
- All non-winning entries will be given the option for public critique at a later date. Details to be announced.
THE BIDDING AND CRITIQUING
- As soon as the winning entries post on November 30, critiquing may begin. Critiques will be offered by one of our two participating editors (adult or YA/MG, depending on your genre), one of our two participating authors (adult or YA/MG, depending on your genre), and as many of our blog community members as show up.
- Agent bids will consist of the number of pages they would like to read, up to a full manuscript.
- There is no guarantee that every entry will receive an agent bid.
- Each of the 60 winners is requested to critique a minimum of 5 other entries.
- Agents will be reading the entries beginning on November 30, but bidding will not begin until 11:00 AM EDT on December 4. This will give the agents several days to decide which entries, if any, they'd like to place a bid on.
- Critiquing may continue after the bidding has closed (December 5).
If I've missed anything, please leave your question in the comment box below. But please MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ALL THE RECENT BAKER'S DOZEN AND LOGLINE POSTS before asking.
Hooray! I'll be announcing our participating agents, editors, and authors in the coming days. Keep your eyes pealed!