Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Fricassee

I am existing in a state of perpetual admiration for you folks.

No, really. The level of QUALITY here is unbelievable. I'm not talking about talent, either, though that's certainly in the mix. I'm talking about quality of character -- kindness, dedication, commitment, selflessness, humility, honesty.

Maybe one day we'll have a "Miss Snark's First Victim" conference. I, of course, will wear a mask and a large, red hat.

And we'll invite all the Secret Agents, and we will promise not to hit them up with a single pitch! It'll be all about likemindedness and camaraderie and laughter and encouragement and excellent finger foods.

Who's with me?

Ah, and another thing. I've told you before that I find you all most inspiring. Well, that impression took wing this week, as I revisited a WIP ("the" WIP, if you must know) on which I'd been utterly stuck in the middle of chapter 9, which had meandered in the wrong direction and completely discouraged me. Anyway, I am officially un-stuck and pressing forward.

Sometimes you just don't know how you're going to touch someone else's life!

Have a wonderful weekend, as you all heartily deserve it. And be here bright and early on Monday morning for the official UNVEILING of our Secret Agent!

9 comments:

  1. Isn't that an awesome feeling to get "un-stuck"?

    I'd sign up for your Miss Snark's First Victim gathering,( but I can't guarantee I'd be able to keep my mouth shut about a project).

    The feedback I received from everyone out there on my WIP helped immensely (even the not-my-thing response from the SA), and I feel very comfortable with my revised copy.

    Thanks to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kat...the feedback was great as always!

    I'd come to the gathering, as long as you provided a chocolate fountain that NEVER dried up!

    :) Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea! And I enjoyed reading the entries, even though I couldn't enter this time. Working on an adult book, so maybe next adult round. :)
    I love this blog! It's one of my favorites. In fact, I left a comment on my blog.
    http://legendoftheprotectors.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to everyone who commented on my submission. This is what I needed and was not getting locally. It helps to know not only what works but what is not working, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little bummed out because the discovery I made here is that I don't think my writing matches the needs of the genre I was aiming for.

    So, I think I've got a lemon! And...yup, you guessed it! I'm going to make some lemonade!

    Happy Labor Day, everyone, and thanks so much! What a great bunch of folks MSFV has attracted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, at this point I'm game for a conference anywhere with decent catering (or a good cook) nearby. :o)

    Good luck to everyone with submissions in! I've read through, commented, and now I'm going back to see what the SA said. I think SA is nicer than me... is that bad?

    Have a happy weekend, Authoress! 'tis time for BBQ and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe this weekend I will have time to look over the entries. O:)

    Heh, great job getting un-stuck, Authoress!

    If I can find some energy this weekend, I hope to be productive. ;)

    Oh, and I'd come to a convention. :P 'Course I'd be too shy to pitch anything to an agent in person ('tis why I love letters and email) so no worries from me there. lol.

    Have a good Labor Day, all!

    ~Merc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Authoress-
    If you ever do decide to host a conference, I've four years experience in hosting writing conferences (all four were state-wide). Any help you need, you've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to have missed this! Will come back to read the entries when life is less hectic!

    ReplyDelete