Tuesday, October 16, 2007

J. Anderson Coats



J. Anderson Coats, author of THE WICKED AND THE JUST, is an indirect Success Story:

For the longest time, I admired the Erin Murphy Literary Agency from afar, but since they’re closed to unsolicited queries, I never got the chance to approach them.  However, my stalking of MSFV paid off one day when Ammi-Joan Paquette opened submissions just for readers of Authoress’s blog for a two-week window at the end of February 2010. I leaped at the chance and emailed her a query within ten minutes.
What followed was a nine-month courtship of sorts in which I made revisions with the full expectation that it would end in the “thanks but no thanks” email.  But that “no” never came, and the ink wasn’t quite dry on my agency contract when W/J sold to Harcourt.  It was something like ten days between being unagented and my first sale - quite a whirlwind!


For more on J. Anderson Coats:

Website

Facebook

Twitter





THE WICKED AND THE JUST was published in April 2012 by Harcourt.

For more on THE WICKED AND THE JUST:


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Great information shared. I appreciate the persistence you put into your website and detailed information you provided.
    digital marketing agency in india
    php developer
    web developers

    ReplyDelete